Develop a clear concept of what you are looking for before starting your research, and save time!
- View research as a process;
- Choose an interesting topic that fits your assignment;
- Decide on a focus that is not too narrow or too broad;
- Select evidence to answer your research question;
- Brainstorm keywords to find pertinent resources.
The tutorial, Analyze Your Research Strategy, was developed by Meredith Farkas (2014) and revised by Claudia Irla and Kimberly Willson-St. Clair (2015) for the University Studies Online General Education Pathways Rethink, a Portland State University project.
For more information about this tutorial, contact Kimberly Willson-St. Clair.
The tutorial, Analyze Your Research Strategy, has received peer-reviewed, Primo status through the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL):
At the end of this tutorial, retrieve a PDF of your responses to keep and/or share with your instructor.